Saturday, August 9, 2014

So many stars it is hard to identify the constellations . .


It has been a royal pleasure spending a week around Caravela Island.  A large island with few villages. During the night it is total darkness,  no lights other than an explosion of stars.  Even without the moon, the shore, trees, water other boats are totally visible.  My last night I was awaken by the sounds of waves and run to the top deck to observe a night so clear, I was in amazement.  I do not remember the last time I saw so many stars.



Would you believe I participated in an authentic landing party.  For most of you who know me, already know how I love to have a landing party once a year in the Miami Metro Area.  Fun where folks can dress in Star Trek Original Series costume.  This also includes props, and any other cos-player can join in the fun.  Our landing party was on Caravela where we met a local chief and have a short discussion with him.  From the photos below you can see they are living somewhere prior to the development of the wheel.  They were super friendly and make regular trips to Dakar. The chief’s french was perfect.  Later the week we purchased a few hundred liters of water for our fleet.





To close, I am off to the regional capital of these islands.  Lets see how they look, so far the place is a paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment