Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ready to launch . .








I was enticed by a few friends to write about some of my experiences while travelling and working.  This is the start.  A bit about the photo above; as most readers might know, this is a grab from the famous program called COSMOS rebooted by Neil deGrasse Tyson.  He and did an awesome job with the show and it is worth viewing with lots of friends.  As a Carl Sagan fan myself I have to post his comments when referring to the image; "Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe are challenged by this point of pale light.".  He could not be closer to the truth.  The more we learn about the universe or multiverse for that matter, the more discoveries and even more questions are encountered.  

So, to keep things short, I am a geologist with a focus on water resources.  I am an experienced hydrologist but am currently focused on biogeophysics.  A photo below is one of the rural locations I have worked in over the years.



In addition as a geologist I work on various field operations.  For the next two months I will be participating with a geologic field crew.  I will share some stories and photos to illustrate what life is like in the international geologic business.

In the next couple of days I embark on a trip to a far away land.  More news then . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment